Raspberry Pi team always tries to offer a computer for a reduced price. Recently Raspberry team have brought down their price to 35 dollars with Raspberry Pi 3. But still they think about decreasing the cost even more because they always try to help people those have a great desire for programming and electronics. As a result of widening roads for new opportunities for more people on programming, now they have introduced their latest innovation Raspberry Pi Zero for a price of 5 dollars. If you are unable to afford 35$ for a Raspberry Pi 3, you can just start with a Raspberry Pi Zero.
This latest innovation from Raspberry will open doors to the first experience of your programming journey. All the credits goes to the Raspberry Team for designing an affordable Raspberry device for everyone around the world and special thanks to Mike Stimson for his great and successful effort of designing Raspberry Pi Zero.
Let’s have a look on Raspberry Pi Zero specification and hardware.
Raspberry Pi Zero Specifications.
- A Broadcom BCM2835 SoC (Faster 40% than Raspberry Pi 1)
- LPDDR2 SDRAM (512 MB)
- External memory slot (micro-SD card slot)
- A mini-HDMI socket compatible with a video output of 1080p60
- Micro-USB sockets for data communication and power
- An unpopulated 40-pin GPIO header (Pinout is similar to model A+/B+ and 2B/HAT – Compatible)
- An unpopulated composite video and reset header
- Smallest raspberry in size, (Dimensions: 65mm x 30mm x 5mm)
Raspbian OS on Raspberry Pi Zero.
The smallest guy “Zero” comes with the Raspberry OS Raspbian. Raspbian is a free OS designed depending on Debian, though it depends on Debian it is extremely optimized for the hardware requirements of Raspberry Pi. It includes several utilities and packages which are really important when running Raspberry system. Also the Raspbian package includes some of our favorite apps such as Minecraft, Sonic Pi and Scratch.
See below video to setup your Raspberry Pi Zero.